30 April, 2010

Random Inspiration

To make myself fall asleep, I tend to watch a movie that I've seen that's either mediocre or slightly musical just because I find it hard to sleep in silence unless I'm extremely tired. You might be wondering where this is going but it's more than likely you don't give a shit =] So here I was watching harry potter 6 for the somethingth time and I recall something about the taste of butter beer in the books then all these random ideas on how to make a drink like it just rush into my head. SOOOO here's my recipe for a butter beer not that I've tried making it yet but it seems to be right in theory ^^;

Butter Beer

Serves 2

Ingredients:
3 shots of Bailey's Irish Cream
1 shot of Kahlua coffee liqueur
1 medium sized egg
A dollop of cream (preferably whipped cream)
3 teaspoons of white sugar
120-150mL of milk
Chocolate powder

Instructions:
Add milk and sugar into shaker, stir til mostly dissolved.
Fill shaker with ice, add egg, liqueurs and all other ingerdients. Top off with ice if required.
Shake for about a minute. This recipe has egg and cream in it so you'll have to shake for longer to get everything to mix properly.
Pour into two short glasses (a latte glass should be fine)
Dust off with chocolate powder.

Should be alright. It's a bit on the fatty side with the cream and egg so yea...anyways the egg should make it rich and viscous so don't add more than one egg unless you want it to be REALLY rich.

Yea....random idea, might as well put it somewhere before I forget what the hell I was on about hahahaha. Inspiration does come from anywhere =]

No comments: